By Tim McNeese
Read Online or Download The Modern World PDF
Similar asia books
Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma) is your passport to the main suitable, updated recommendation on what to work out and bypass, and what hidden discoveries look forward to you. appreciate Shwedagon Paya's sheer measurement and mystical air of mystery, stopover at the water-bound temples on Inle Lake, or flow over Bagan's temple tops in a hot-air balloon; all together with your relied on go back and forth better half.
This notable booklet is a shiny, hugely unique account of the production of a brand new Asia after the second one global struggle - an unstoppable wave of nationalism that swept the British Empire apart. It tells the definitive tale of the way India, Pakistan, Burma and Malaysia got here into life and the way British interference in Vietnam and Indonesia fatally formed these international locations' futures.
This publication offers a comparative research of the imaginative and prescient, skill and dynamism at the a part of governments in chosen Asian Pacific international locations as they interact within the distribution of e-governance. for this reason, it creates a platform for mutual studying and gives a dispassionate review of mega e-projects.
What occurs whilst a dictator wins absolute strength and isolates a kingdom from the skin global? In a nightmare of political concept stretched to insanity, North Korea's Kim Jong Il made himself right into a dwelling god, surrounded through lies and flattery and past feedback. As over million of his matters starved to dying, Kim Jong Il roamed among palaces staffed via the main attractive women within the kingdom and stocked with the costliest food from around the globe.
- A Short History of South-East Asia
- Raffles of Singapore, a biography
- The History of the Philippines (The Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations)
- Rebalancing for Sustainable Growth: Asia’s Postcrisis Challenge
Additional resources for The Modern World
President whose programs included Medicare and Medicaid ______ 9. American president elected in 1968; resigned due to scandal in 1974 ______ 10. S. president during the Iranian hostage crisis in 1979 ______ 11. Conservative British prime minister elected in 1979 ______ 12. Conservative leader elected in West Germany in 1982 A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I. J. K. L. Margaret Thatcher pan-Africanism Richard Nixon Helmut Kohl OPEC PLO Jimmy Carter Israel Gamal Nasser Telstar Lyndon Johnson Yom Kippur Part II.
2. In the fall of 1944, representatives of the major Allied nations met at Dumbarton Oaks to discuss plans for the forming of a UN. In April 1945, the Allied nations met in San Francisco to hammer out a structure for an international peace-keeping organization. By June, representatives from 50 nations signed the UN Charter. The organization officially came into existence on October 24, 1945. By 1957, The ECSC members signed a new economic agreement called the Treaty of Rome which established EUROCOM, which created an atomic regulatory commission for its members.
Review and Write 1. What do you feel is the greatest problem facing the world of the twenty-first century? Why do you think so? 2. How do you think the people of the twenty-first century solve their problems, both new and old? 27 MP3405 Test II Part I. Matching (Worksheets 16–22) Match the answers to the right with the statement on the left. ______ 1. A continental movement based on common identities, not differences ______ 2. Middle Eastern state created on May 24, 1948 ______ 3. Egyptian leader of the 1950s who supported Arab nationalism ______ 4.