By K. Joseph Hurt
- Coverage in subject matters together with: fundamental care; ER; operative ob-gyn; pelvic surgical procedure and urogynecology; infertility; prenatal care; basic hard work and supply; advanced being pregnant and supply; cardiology; pulmonary; gastroenterology; hematology; neurology; gynecologic oncology
- Special appendices on pelvic anatomy; universal ob-gyn approaches and surgical procedures; medicinal drugs in OB and breastfeeding; ACLS algorithms; NRP algorithm
- Evidence-based facts with present citations
- Chapters prepared through organ platforms, placing women’s wellbeing and fitness issues into normal clinical context – excellent for clerkship studies.
- User-friendly Pocket sequence layout contains 6-ring binder with wallet in back and front and white house for reader’s notes
Read Online or Download Pocket Obstetrics and Gynecology PDF
Similar obstetrics & gynecology books
One of many mysteries of mammalian copy is the physiologic method that determines the size of gestation. the right kind timing of delivery guarantees that the younger person is adequately constructed to outlive and adapt within the extrauterine surroundings, and that the mummy is able to supply foodstuff and defense to the infant.
Difficulties in early being pregnant are one of the most typical stipulations in gynecology and - with administration changing into much less invasive and based extra on exact ultrasound and a very good realizing of serum biochemistry - many nations now suggest that each one maternity devices have an early being pregnant part devoted to handling those stipulations.
In the intervening time of delivery, the obstetrician is gifted with quite a lot of visible signs within the neonate which may be fullyyt common or which could point out the presence of a few underlying situation or illness. with the ability to realize those at an early level is usually rather very important for his or her profitable administration.
Bringing jointly the main updated info on congenital Müllerian anomalies, this entire textual content explores advances in figuring out the embryological explanations of those malformations, the structures used to categorise the various different types of malformation that could be noticeable, and the field’s present analysis, assessment and administration innovations.
- Pre-Eclampsia: Current Perspectives on Management
- Genetic Disorders and the Fetus: Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment (Milunsky, Genetic Disorders and the Fetus)
- Fetal and Hybrid Procedures in Congenital Heart Diseases
- Radiation Oncology: An Evidence-Based Approach
- Evidence-Based Practice with Emotionally Troubled Children and Adolescents (Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional)
- Ciba Foundation Symposium 115 - Abortion: Medical Progress and Social Implications
Extra resources for Pocket Obstetrics and Gynecology
Htm. Annual US Gyn cancer deaths Cause Endometrial Ovarian Cervical Vulvar Vaginal Cases 41314 20749 12280 4159 1149 Deaths 7456 14621 4012 865 376 From CDC “Leading Cause of Death in Females”. 2008 data, 10/15/12. Epidemiology terms Sens Spec PPV NPV % w/ dz w/ positive result on a test % w/o dz w/ negative result on a test % w/ a positive test who actually have condition % w/ a negative test who do not have the condition; PPV & NPV change w/ prevalence (c) 2015 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved.
C) 2015 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Periop Mgt 3-3 • Thyroid dz: Hyperthyroid: If new dx or uncontrolled, postpone Surg, consult endocrinology, continue chronic meds. Hypothyroid: Consider endocrinology consult if new dx. Otherwise, continue meds. No need for IV/IM thyroid replacement if NPO for <7 d. For hypo- & hyperparathyroidism: Follow for calcium imbalance • Adrenal insufficiency: Higher risk for periop adrenal crisis (HoTN, HoNa) Minimal suppression of the HPA axis in pts w/ <5 mg prednisone (or equiv) daily; <10 mg prednisone every other day; or ANY dose of glucocorticoid for <3 w.
Diagnostic Workup/Studies • Always rule out Preg – qualitative hCG. Labs: CBC, coags including fibrinogen, type & screen. Imaging: Consider TVUS. 6 g PO TID × 5 d OR 10 mg/kg IV q8h up to 5 d Nonhormonal Comments Avoid in smokers >35 yo, uncontrolled HTN, CAD, Hx VTE, stroke, liver dz Avoid in smokers >35 yo, uncontrolled HTN, CAD, h/o VTE, stroke, liver dz Use w/ caution in pts w/ Hx VTE, stroke or MI, liver dz Avoid in pts w/ active thromboembolic dz or intrinsic risk of thrombosis From Obstet Gynecol 2006;108:924; J Obstet Gynecol 1997;37:228; Am J Obstet Gynecol 1982;59:285.