By Stefan S. du Plessis, Ashok Agarwal, Edmund S. Sabanegh Jr.
This certain textual content offers a accomplished but concise evaluate of some of the environmental elements and way of life offerings which impression male fertility, with specified emphasis at the mechanisms that give a contribution to diminished sperm creation and impaired functionality. across the world famous scientists and clinicians, leaders within the box of infertility, assemble their insights and speak about the right way to hinder, handle and remedy male infertility because of elements corresponding to smoking, alcohol intake, medicine and drug use, weight problems, nutritional and workout behavior, sexually transmitted infections, mental rigidity and occupational publicity to chemical substances and radiation. Written in a simple to keep on with, casual but medical sort, Male Infertility deals priceless medical guidance for physicians and infertility specialists and new facts and learn of serious curiosity to uncomplicated scientists, andrologists and embryologists.
Read Online or Download Male Infertility: A Complete Guide to Lifestyle and Environmental Factors PDF
Best environmental books
Conventionally, time sequence were studied both within the time area or the frequency area. The illustration of a sign within the time area is localized in time, i. e . the price of the sign at each one rapid in time is easily outlined . in spite of the fact that, the time illustration of a sign is poorly localized in frequency , i.
This instruction manual presents finished insurance of laser and coherent-domain equipment as utilized to biomedicine, environmental tracking, and fabrics technology. around the world leaders in those fields describe the basics of sunshine interplay with random media and current an summary of easy examine. the newest effects on coherent and polarization houses of sunshine scattered by way of random media, together with tissues and blood, speckles formation in a number of scattering media, and different non-destructive interactions of coherent gentle with tough surfaces and tissues, permit the reader to appreciate the rules and functions of coherent diagnostic strategies.
Environmental switch mostly, and climatic switch particularly, tend to effect considerably upon assets reminiscent of water and soils, reworking modern landscapes and their ecological features. for that reason, disruptions of socio-economic actions in delicate areas of the globe might be anticipated in coming a long time.
- Environmental and Social-economic Impacts of Sewage Sludge Treatment: The Evidence of Beijing
- Environmental and Material Flow Cost Accounting: Principles and Procedures
- Environmental Chemistry: Green Chemistry and Pollutants in Ecosystems
- Recent Advances in Adsorption Processes for Environmental Protection and Security
- Case Studies in Food Safety and Environmental Health
- Geosynthetics in Civil and Environmental Engineering: Geosynthetics Asia 2008 Proceedings of the 4th Asian Regional Conference on Geosynthetics in Shanghai, China
Extra info for Male Infertility: A Complete Guide to Lifestyle and Environmental Factors
High frequency of sub-optimal semen quality in an unselected population of young men. Hum Reprod. 2000;15(2):366–72. Jorgensen N, Andersen AG, Eustache F, Irvine DS, Suominen J, Petersen JH, Andersen AN, Auger J, Cawood EH, Horte A, Jensen TK, Jouannet P, Keiding N, Vierula M, Toppari J, Skakkebaek NE. Regional differences in semen quality in Europe. Hum Reprod. 2001;16(5):1012–9. Jorgensen N, Carlsen E, Nermoen I, Punab M, Suominen J, Andersen AG, Andersson AM, Haugen TB, Horte A, Jensen TK, Magnus O, Petersen JH, Vierula M, Toppari J, Skakkebaek NE.
68. 69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. parameters in New England in the United States, 1989-2000. Arch Androl. 2003;49(5):369–74. Carlsen E, Swan SH, Petersen JH, Skakkebaek NE. Longitudinal changes in semen parameters in young Danish men from the Copenhagen area. Hum Reprod. 2005;20(4):942–9. Mukhopadhyay D, Varghese AC, Pal M, Banerjee SK, Bhattacharyya AK, Sharma RK, Agarwal A. Semen quality and age-specific changes: a study between two decades on 3,729 male partners of couples with normal sperm count and attending an andrology laboratory for infertility-related problems in an Indian city.
Finally, and perhaps most dangerous, smoking has been demonstrated to induce disomic spermatozoa—sperm with multiple copies of the same chromosome— increasing the risk of aneuploidy . Varicoceles Varicoceles are abnormal expansions of the veins located in the scrotum that run alongside the spermatic cord and drain a man’s testicles. Studies show that when the presence of varicoceles are coupled with cigarette smoke, the incidence of oligozoospermia increased tenfold compared with nonsmoking males with varicoceles .