By World Bank. Environment Dept
Presents cutting-edge suggestions and knowledge at the procedural standards and sensible facets of environmental evaluation in a variety of area- and location-specific contexts. additionally to be had: quantity 2 (ISBN 978-0-8213-1844-7) inventory No. 11844; quantity three (ISBN 978-0-8213-1845-4) inventory No. 11845.
Read or Download Environmental assessment sourcebook, Volume 1 PDF
Similar environmental books
Conventionally, time sequence were studied both within the time area or the frequency area. The illustration of a sign within the time area is localized in time, i. e . the worth of the sign at every one speedy in time is easily outlined . in spite of the fact that, the time illustration of a sign is poorly localized in frequency , i.
This instruction manual presents accomplished assurance of laser and coherent-domain equipment as utilized to biomedicine, environmental tracking, and fabrics technology. all over the world leaders in those fields describe the basics of sunshine interplay with random media and current an summary of simple learn. the newest effects on coherent and polarization homes of sunshine scattered via random media, together with tissues and blood, speckles formation in a number of scattering media, and different non-destructive interactions of coherent gentle with tough surfaces and tissues, enable the reader to appreciate the rules and purposes of coherent diagnostic ideas.
Environmental swap more often than not, and climatic swap particularly, are inclined to influence considerably upon assets comparable to water and soils, reworking state-of-the-art landscapes and their ecological features. consequently, disruptions of socio-economic actions in delicate areas of the globe could be anticipated in coming many years.
- Green taxation and environmental sustainability
- Biological and Environmental Aspects of Chromium
- Environmental Policy Between Regulation and Market
- Environmental Security in the Arctic Ocean
- Environmental Economics: Individual Incentives and Public Choices
- Environmental Technology in the Oil Industry (2nd Edition)
Additional info for Environmental assessment sourcebook, Volume 1
Such obligations include implementation of environmental components or mitigation measures and adherence to environmental conditionalities. The contractual remedies available include informal or formal suspension of disbursements under loans or credits, cancellation of all or portions of outstanding loan or credit balances, and acceleration of maturity. 50: "Cancellations" set forth guidelines and procedures to be followed in exercising these remedies. Completion and Evaluation 38.
32. The appraisal mission reviews the EA with the borrower, resolves any remaining environmental questions, assesses the capacity of country institutions to implement EA recommendations, determines whether the EA findings have been properly addressed during project preparation, and discusses environmental conditionalities to the loan agreements. The Staff Appraisal Report (SAR) and President's Report (PR) contain summaries of the EA and its main findings. An annex to the SAR should provide a more complete summary, including (but not limited to): baseline conditions; alternatives considered; significant impacts and preventive, mitigative or compensatory actions; capability of environmental institutions and steps to strengthen them; environmental monitoring arrangements; and consultations with affected groups and local NGOs.
I World Bank Technical Paper, 0253-7494 ; No. 139-140, 154 author : publisher : World Bank isbn10 | asin : 0821318438 print isbn13 : 9780821318430 ebook isbn13 : 9780585230849 language : English subject Economic development--Environmental aspects, Environmental impact analysis. 73/14 subject : Economic development--Environmental aspects, Environmental impact analysis. Page aa RECENT WORLD BANK TECHNICAL PAPERS No. 76 Noetstaller, Industrial Minerals: A Technical Review (also in French, 76F) No.