By Vern L. Katz MD, Gretchen M Lentz MD, Rogerio A. Lobo MD, David M Gershenson MD
Formerly edited by means of Drs. Droegemueller, Stenchever, Mishell & Herbst - this relied on and established reference offers entire, well timed, and simple entry to very important info at the scientific and surgical concerns affecting present day day-by-day gynecology perform. that includes the clean views of 4 new editors, besides new individuals, the textual content bargains functional, in-depth coverage...helpful illustrations - many new to this edition...and clinically orientated guidance...page after web page! Plus, entry the entire contents on-line, totally searchable at www.compgyn.com - so that you can locate speedy solutions from an location.
- Access state of the art counsel at the most up-to-date minimally invasive surgical techniques...the latest purposes in diagnostic and interventional ultrasound...and many different crucial points of contemporary perform.
- Access clean perform views from 4 new editors and new members.
- Effectively deal with the emotional facets of the distinctiveness with detailed new chapters masking rape * incest * and household violence, between others.
- Diagnose stipulations effectively with the visible reduction of approximately 1,000 illustrations - together with greater than a hundred new full-color photos.
- Quickly locate the knowledge you would like with hassle-free positive aspects together with keywords, key issues, and using colour throughout.
- Exponentially improve your medical reference strength with entry to the entire contents on-line - absolutely searchable - in addition to the entire illustrations to be used in digital shows. stopover at www.compgyn.com for details.
- Presents the paintings of 4 new affiliate editors and plenty of new individuals who provide clean perform perspectives.
- Includes precise new chapters protecting rape Â· incest Â· household violence Â· and different hugely emotional facets of the specialty.
- Features greater than a hundred new full-color images that assist you determine lesions and interpret pathologic findings.
- Provides extended fabric on menopause, reflecting the ever-increasing getting older sufferer population.
Read Online or Download Comprehensive Gynecology: Text with Online Access PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
One of many mysteries of mammalian copy is the physiologic technique that determines the size of gestation. the right kind timing of start guarantees that the younger person is satisfactorily constructed to outlive and adapt within the extrauterine setting, and that the mummy is able to supply meals and safeguard to the child.
Difficulties in early being pregnant are one of the commonest stipulations in gynecology and - with administration turning into much less invasive and based extra on exact ultrasound and a great figuring out of serum biochemistry - many nations now suggest that every one maternity devices have an early being pregnant part devoted to handling those stipulations.
In the mean time of delivery, the obstetrician is gifted with quite a lot of visible signs within the neonate which may be completely general or which can point out the presence of a few underlying situation or ailment. with the ability to realize those at an early level is usually quite very important for his or her profitable administration.
Bringing jointly the main up to date info on congenital Müllerian anomalies, this accomplished textual content explores advances in figuring out the embryological reasons of those malformations, the platforms used to categorise the numerous kinds of malformation that could be visible, and the field’s present prognosis, overview and administration suggestions.
- Breast Reconstruction: Art, Science, and New Clinical Techniques
- Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Protocols for High-Risk Pregnancies
- Visceral and Obstetric Osteopathy
Additional resources for Comprehensive Gynecology: Text with Online Access
Translocation. Natural variations of a gene, DNA sequence, or chromosome that does not have adverse clinical consequence. 01 (1%) or greater than that which would occur by recurrent mutation alone. Bacterial enzymes that recognize and cut specific nucleotide sequences in the double-stranded DNA molecule at specific sites. The study of DNA fragments produced by restriction endonucleases has demonstrated that normal individuals may have variations in the DNA sequences without the presence of an abnormality.
It is composed of a sugar (ribose), a phosphate, and a purine or pyrimidine base. The transfer of a segment of chromosome material from one chromosome to another. A number of illnesses and conditions have a genetic basis. In some cases the problem arises from a single-point mutation within a gene, whereas others may involve changes in multiple genes or in an interreaction of genes and environmental factors. Finally, some conditions are the result of chromosome abnormalities of a variety of types.
The position of the mutation in the gene is also important; a mutation at the beginning of the gene can be so disruptive that transcription ceases at the site of the mutation. No mRNA is generated and therefore, no gene product. Conversely, a mutation at the end of the gene may result in a truncated but still translatable mRNA, leading to a partially functional gene product. Point mutations within the gene could result in an amino acid substitution, leading to different products with altered functions.